Your unconscious mind knows how to breathe in and out gently and quietly, keep airways clear and also knows how to sleep deeply.
Snoring is caused your tongue, mouth, throat or the airways in your nose vibrating as you breathe. It happens because these parts of your body relax and narrow when you are asleep. You are more likely to snore if you:
- are you overweight
- drink too much alcohol
- sleep on your back
Sometimes snoring caused by a condition like sleep apnoea, which is when your airways become temporarily blocked as you sleep.
How I can Help You Stop Snoring
- Sleep Diary
I will normally ask you to keep a Sleep Diary to record your sleep, snoring patterns, tiredness, anxious thoughts, as well as your routines, and what you eat and drink in the evening etc. The diary can highlight things that may be interfering with your sleep.
- Life Coaching
I can help you identify and prioritise changes you might want to make to your life style and routines, working with you to help you set realistic goals, and support you as you work towards achieving them.
- Sleep Training
- I can help you retrain your mind to breathe quietly and regularly and re-install the memories already present in your mind and body, of how to breathe regularly and gently, sleep soundly and wake refreshed.
- Most people have a sleeping position in which they do not snore – perhaps on your side, so I can help you to find sleeping on your side your preferred position.
- If you have been advised to wear a breathing aid – eg CPAP mask or MAD gum shield, I can help you quickly and easily get used to wearing it and be able sleep deeply and soundly.
- I can help you sleep soundly through noise – such as your partners snoring
- Sometimes feelings of guilt and trying to work out what you could have done differently
- Self Hypnosis
I can teach you self-hypnosis which is a useful maintenance skill you can use throughout your life with many issues.
- Breathing Techniques
I will teach you techniques that you can practice daily to relax or energise you. Breathing techniques can also be very useful for snoring.
as little as 10 minutes twice a day can be very beneficial as it will give you a method of progressively becoming more still, more focused, more present and more in charge of both your mind and body. I teach simple, modern forms of meditation – no need to shut out thoughts or sit in uncomfortable positions. Meditation can also provide your body and mind with deep rest.
It is advisable to check with your GP to rule out any ill health issue and as snoring can be a side effect of some medications. Also check with someone sleeping near you whether you are simply snoring or if you have other symptoms.
How Many Sessions Will I Need?
Unless there are other issues or sleep disorders present then I generally recommend 3– 4 sessions – you can book a short programme of 4 sessions or book session by session.
Need Help Now?
Request A Callback
Fill in the form below with your contact number and I will call you as soon as possible.